Welcome to Hedges Middle School Online!
Welcome to Hedges School's homepage. Hedges School is a middle years (6-8) school in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Hedges is a part of the John Taylor Family of Schools. View a map showing our location.
School Mission Statement
"Hedges School is committed to providing students with opportunities to develop personally, socially, academically in a safe environment and to become life long learners."
Students at Hedges will develop good character, self-respect, and pride in themselves and their work. They will be good citizens by respecting and getting along with others. They will have opportunities to develop their creative abilities and increase their desire for lifelong learning. All students have the right to an education. For their future success they will learn basic skills and facts, how to find information and how to use information.
PLEASE SEE OUR STUDENT REGISTRATION TAB FOR THE 2014-2015 REGISTRATION INFORMATION.
Hedges Middle School - St. James Assiniboia School Division - Middle Years Parent 2014
HeMiddle School - St. James Assiniboia School Division - Middle Years Parent Surve
Middle Years Parent Survey
Report to the Community
New PowerSchool Parent Portal Link
The PowerSchool Portal provides parents access to school announcements, real-time attendance information and, most importantly, student grades.
Click the Parent Portal link on the left side of the screen under School Information to login to the Power School Parent Portal.
Want to know more about our Athletics Program? Follow us on Twitter!
Student Threat Assessment
Click here for or more information on St. James- Assiniboia's Sustaninable Living Efforts,.
At Hedges we care about the environment. Here are some things we are doing:
- Collecting drink pouches which are sent to Terracycle. Terracycle is a company which turns our trash into treasures.
- Collecting aluminum can tabs which are donated to Tabs for Wheelchairs.
- Collecting plastic shopping bags which are donated to the City of Winnipeg and turned into frisbees.
- 2 community clean ups a year.
- Composting in our staff and student lunchrooms.
- Recycle cans, bottles and paper products in all of our rooms.
- Hold 2 contests a year to promote recycling, reducing and reusing in our lunchrooms.
- Frequent litter pick up on our school grounds.
Congrats to Hedges Middle School for achieving Awareness Level from Manitoba Education for their sustainable development practices.